Male Reproductive Health Alliance (MRHA) is a national group of societies with the mission of promoting public health and public awareness of male general health and reproductive issues.
The alliance consists of
- American Fertility Association (AFA).
- Men’s Health Network (MHN).
- The Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR), a sub-society of the American Urological Association (AUA).
- Center for Disease Control Division of Reproductive Health
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Department of Urology and the Center for Idiopathic Male Infertility at the University of Kansas Medical Center
Our mission is to undertake a multi-disciplinary approach to improve men’s general and reproductive health from adolescence onwards through surveillance, research, education and intervention in the clinical setting and in the community. We seek to understand the male health behavior and knowledge, and the attitudes and beliefs that lead to this behavior. We have broadened our scope from being singularly dedicated to male reproductive issues to also cover a broader range of male specific topics from fitness, health and even general hygiene and male grooming due to overwhelming popularity and questions surrounding these topics. We look to provide insight and educational research into natural fitness aids for muscle growth, guides for optimal hygiene upkeep, the best beard growth vitamins and supplements amongst others. These topics will however be looked at from a medical perspective only. This will lead to the development of best practices to prevent and screen male health conditions that might be affected by our day to day duties, or might be caused by it, and will facilitate a unified approach to public, provider and government awareness, education and action.